Saturday, October 27, 2007

Reality Sets In

We thought it would be a good idea to go out and check out all the baby stuff that's out there. So we headed over to Target first. So we're walking around looking at strollers, pack-n-plays(playpens), car seats and everything else they have. As we're walking, I'm telling Mike about all the great baby stuff. Keep in mind he's walking slightly behind me, so I can't see him. Also keep in mind, Mike doesn't have a lot of baby experience. So most of this is very new and foreign to him. I finally turn around to look at him and see this look in his eyes. I ask him if he's doing OK. He mumbled yes, but I can tell how overwhelmed he is. At this point, I wished I had the camera to capture the moment. I ask him if wants to go home and continue this later, but he says no, lets keep going. I wanted to go check out prices on diapers and wipes and all the other items needed to change those lovely dirty diapers. Mike asked me how many diapers babies use. So I said up to 12 when they're newborns. He asked if that was per day or week. He has sooo much to learn!!

From there we walked over to Babies-R-Us. Lets just say it's a good thing we didn't go here first. Target has just a small section but Babies-R-Us is whole huge store of baby stuff. I think I was a little overwhelmed, so I can only imagine what Mike was thinking and feeling. This is the store you can go into and buy a bunch of stuff you don't really need. It looked like Mike had OD'd on babyness, so much so that not even Dr. Seuss could cure him. For his sake, I decided to call it a day, realizing it was to much to soon!(for him anyway)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stampede. Funny.