Colin's newest skill is walking. He took his first steps on the 27th of April. That means he was 10 months old. I thought he'd be walking early but not that early. I was on the computer and Colin was playing on the floor next to me. He pulled himself up on the table, which he does all the time. All I can see is the top of his head ans I realize that he's not holding on to anything and he's moving away from the table. I quickly get up and scream "YOU'RE WALKING". He just has this huge smile on his face...like yeah I know! Then I grab the phone to call daddy...he doesn't answer. I try my sister Sue...she doesn't answer. Then I call my sister Linda, who's at work, and proceed to scream in her ear that Colin took his first steps! Daddy finally called later then got to see for himself when he got home.
Now it's been two weeks and he is walking everywhere. His balance is getting better every day. He's walking for longer periods of time. He puts his arms strait up and with a huge smile, walks to each destination. Just today he started standing up by himself. Of course he waited for daddy to go to Louisiana for the week. He will walk just holding one of my hands. I love it.
We're two weeks from his first birthday already. He's changing so much so fast. Oh yeah, we try to get video of him walking but every time he sees the camera, he thinks he should play with it. Hopefully he will cooperate soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment