Thursday, August 14, 2008

Colin Update

Thought I would give an update on how Colin is doing. Which is fabulous!!! We took to the doctor this week and he checked out great. He is now 10 weeks old and seems like he is changing everyday. He weighs 15lbs 15 oz and is 24 inches long. He is in the 97% for weight(not really a big surprise!), 80% for head circumference(thanks to his daddy!!), and 70% for height. His arm is getting better. It's not 100% yet but will be in a few months. He moves it just as much as his right arm. He's in 3-6 month clothes right now but the way he's growing we'll be out of those soon too! He's smiling pretty much all the time. That's the first thing I get to see when I go get him in the morning. He is definitely a morning person right now. That's when he does all his talking to me or daddy. He even throws in a little laugh every once in a while. We're only getting up once a night, usually at 230am. Some nights he likes to up more but mostly just the once. Which means I'm getting 4-5 hours of sleep...in a row!!

We're leaving Virginia on the 23rd. Our stuff gets packed up on Tuesday, so we will be staying with friends until we leave. We're getting excited to go although I'm not looking forward to the drive. We're not sure how Colin will do. We're guessing sleep alot, which means he won't want to sleep at night. We'll be stopping at a military base each night. We'll be driving 4-6 hours a day knowing we'll have to stop and let Colin stretch and eat...and us to!! We don't know if we'll have an Internet connection on the way so it might be awhile before we post anything.

1 comment:

Jared, Trisha, Jackson and Reagan said...

Hey Amy,
I work with Jennifer O'Donell - she has twins and one had heart complications... She says she knows you and was wondering what your new address is going to be. Also - what is your email address - I can give that to her.
Have a safe move and enjoy your new home!